View Single Post
Old December 28, 2019, 08:55 PM   #1
TruthTellers

Are these okay to shoot?

When I was last at the range I saw that there was a lot of .22 LR in the dud box, like way more than usual. I decided to pull a few out and shoot them and they all worked fine, so I figured I'd take them home and give them a look over.

My guess is somebody had a .22 that had a damaged firing pin or had been dry fired a lot, got frustrated that it was the ammo, and threw it all away.

I say that because I have about 100 rounds that look untouched. Then I have 30 that got hit once on the rim, some hit good, some barely hit, and I figure those might be good too. About 50 of them have had the bullets deformed or damaged, likely during a failure in a semi auto, so those I have put aside and will shoot in a smoothbore .410 to .22 adapter I have because accuracy is meaningless in that.

But what's got me wondering is I have 10 rounds here that have had dents put in the cases. Some of the dents are bigger than others, but I'm just wondering if these can be shot? What could happen shooting .22 with some dinged cases?

Keep in mind that I know these probably wouldn't feed in a semi auto, so all this ammo is going to go thru a revolver.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg bullet dent.jpg (193.4 KB, 308 views)

Page generated in 0.03457 seconds with 9 queries