View Single Post
Old December 4, 2019, 01:05 PM   #11
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
Pretty much the same applies to what you're asking here as what you said to me a while back.

Your participation in the use of said product & the purchase of said product is 100% voluntary on your art. Don't want the nose of Big Brother poking into what you buy? Then don't buy it.
I see your (our?) point, but I believe while there are similarities, there are significant differences, as well.

I guess what needs asking is, At what point does our "right" of privacy kick in??

I know when I go through an airport, I and my possessions might be searched. I know when I enter the country I have to go through customs.

I know that any and everything I post on the Internet MAY become a matter of public record.

Why is lawyer/client conversation considered "protected"? No one is forced to talk to a lawyer....

Why do we fight against govt compiled lists of gun ownership?
Perhaps it doesn't apply, and, if so, I'm looking for a (simple) explanation of why it doesn't apply, but if the cops find a Colt pistol at a crime scene, they trace THAT gun /that gun's owner. The go to Colt and say, who bought THAT gun, and follow the chain down the line as far as possible.

They don't go to Colt and say "give us a list of everyone who bought this model Colt pistol"

Why/How is the computer/phone app different from that??

I know there are limits, though I don't know where all of them are.

I understand govt's "compelling need" for information in the course of a criminal investigation. I'm just trying to figure out (without the benefit of formal legal training) where this fits in that picture.

Wasn't there a big legal wrangle not too long ago about the govt demanding a maker "unlock" a cell phone??

I'm certain that the "you chose to comply" principle applies to certain things, but if we expand that to the fullest, we have very few, if any, rights at all, because we "choose" to live in this country.

Page generated in 0.02827 seconds with 8 queries