View Single Post
Old September 12, 2012, 10:07 AM   #9
SerenityNetworks

John, I had to read your post a couple of times to let the geometry sink into my brain. I may read it another time or two :-) Thank you for the education. Still a question from this pistol noob, just to make sure I'm understanding correctly: Is the "6 o'clock hold" what I'm calling "pumpkin on a post"?

This pistol does provide a 'combat' / quick-acquisition mechanism on the sights. It is in the form of two bright white dots. One is on the rear site and one is on the front site. You put the front sight dot on top of the rear sight dot and fire. This also shoots low, but I'm wondering if this might be by design. Understanding that in most SD situations it has been found that most people shoot high, which is why targets and advice is now to shoot 'center-of-mass' and not 'heart', the 4" high might be deliberate. Of course, this is total speculation. Maybe I should write Kahr.

But how I'm shooting in this circumstance is more 'precision'. That is, I'm taking time to get a good sight picture for the first shot and then taking 3 to 5 seconds (or more if needed) between shots. I'm not using the 'white dots' to sight (which are quite obviously not exactly centered), but instead aligning the sight posts.

Anyway, tonight when I get home, I'll try to take a picture of the sights and post the image here. That might help the analysis.

Thanks again,
Andrew
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
There are some ideas so preposterous that only an intellectual will believe them. - Malcolm Muggeridge

Page generated in 0.03449 seconds with 8 queries