Thread: Question
View Single Post
Old April 7, 2010, 10:13 PM   #12
elwaynum1

God Bless TEXAS!!

Just felt the need to contribute to the state battle...

Quote:
So, in Washington State, without any license whatsoever, it is perfectly legal for me to walk into Walmart with a loaded handgun carried in plain view in a holster, buy a Subway sandwich in the Subway at that Walmart, sit there and eat it and walk out.

Can I do that in Texas? No. Open carry is illegal in Texas, violating Penal Codes 46.02 and 46.035. So, can I conceal the handgun in Texas and do the same thing, without a license. No. That action would be illegal as well violating Penal Code 46.02.

Now, in order to obtain a Texas Concealed Handgun License, according to Government Code 411.174 (7), proficiency with a handgun must be proven and 411.174 (6) requires a "fee" of $140.00 to be paid to the state. To me, a fee paid to the state for their permission to perform an act is a tax...

I rest my case.
Looks like you'll have to be walking to that Wal-Mart of yours because according to http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=9.41.050 :

(2)(a) A person shall not carry or place a loaded pistol in any vehicle unless the person has a license to carry a concealed pistol and: (i) The pistol is on the licensee's person, (ii) the licensee is within the vehicle at all times that the pistol is there, or (iii) the licensee is away from the vehicle and the pistol is locked within the vehicle and concealed from view from outside the vehicle.

Last edited by elwaynum1; April 7, 2010 at 10:24 PM.

Page generated in 0.02947 seconds with 8 queries