View Single Post
Old November 2, 2005, 02:32 AM   #4
Strike Penguin

Quote:
Maybe you should work on yourself as that would improve your confidence in your ability to handle a situation without the fear you experienced or the need to rely solely on a firearm for defense. I would suggest you and your GF get a gym membership and maybe check out some self defense classes.
Fear I experienced? Where did I say I was scared? I was surprised at somebody popping up close to us at a gas station, not cowering in fear or paralyzed. I was thinking in terms of situational awareness, and my lack thereof. I guess my talking about the situation like it was potential combat is misleading you. Isn't that what we're supposed to do here? What-ifing?

I am working on losing weight and strengthening up, but for health reasons, mainly. Nothing in the world is going to change the fact that we're both 5'9" and under, with glasses.

Quote:
A brain is your most important weapon. Every kid in a hood isn't a thug, and not every white guy in a suit is a good guy.

Go wherever you want, carry whenever you can, and keep your eyes open.
That's exactly what I'm saying. I'm just pointing out that I didn't have my eyes open, and got surprised. I've seen several posts here about incidents at gas stations, and I figured I'd put this hypothetical situation out there to see what could be learned from it, if anything. I should have made it more clear in the original post that her and I were talking in hypotheticals. We didn't think he was actually an attacker (Well, I wondered about it, for about half a second when I first saw him). I have a responsibility to be a Responsible Person, especially so with a CHL and a .45 in my pants, and part of that being Responsible is being aware of my surroundings.

Page generated in 0.02915 seconds with 8 queries