View Single Post
Old January 20, 2013, 10:52 PM   #1
skeeter

Reasons to own an assault rifle and 30 round mags

Despite the anti-gun people's rant about there is no reason or need to own a 30 round mag or an assault rifle "that is a weapon of war" I would like to balance those thoughts with truth. I would be interested in other ideas besides the ones I list here.

Reasons to own an assault rifle and 30 plus round magazines;

1. Our founding fathers wanted us to have the most current and modern rifles so we could prevent tyrants from taking over our government. They did not say we were limited to bows and arrows for a reason. At the time the muzzle loaders were the most modern arms but as they believed, free man should not be limited when it placed their lives and the life of the country at risk. It is bad enough we are not trusted with full auto weapons like the Swiss are. Those are true assault rifles!

2. We should never become like Mexico where citizens are slaughtered because they are keep unarmed and helpless. The cartels are not limited to 10 round mags and the cartels would have a rough time if the people of Mexico were armed and had the mindset not to be victims.

3. One day terrorists will attack this country. Muslim extremists once owned and controlled the world (see Otterman Empire) and those same extremists still dream of those days coming back. Americans think in terms of decades but the Muslim extremists think in terms of centuries. They are growing stronger and will show themselves here one day. Do we really want to disarm our citizens? Only the most short sighted politicans do not see this and judging by who is in Congress and the Senate there are way too many short sighted, self-serving politicans there. Terrorists and cartels are the same in they only care about themselves and their way of thinking which is basically , might makes right. They only understand what comes out of the muzzle of a gun, nothing else.

4.We are free men and should not treated as children or slaves. We should not be held responsible for the mis-deeds of a few "nut-jobs" even as terrible as they might be.

5. Too bad there were no armed and trained individuals when those "nut-jobs" attacked innocent people though I am sure if that were the case the press (the third estate, second to the king) would bury it on page 9. It is the press and stupidity that got obuma elected.

6. Any family with the history of being a slave, native American or any Jewish person (who else am I leaving out?) should remember the lessons of history. First thing hilter did was outlaw the right of any person , except nazis, from owning weapons. Think of how different it would have been if the Jews keep just one gun hidden and used it rather then be a total victim. Think of how it would have been if the British were able to take all of the muskets away from Americans, we would still be paying half of our income to the king, which is what we are doing now. Think how it may be one day if we have to pay 70 to 80 % of our income to pay for obuma's follies. I guess we were also lucky the British did not limit us to just 10 rounds because they thought that was "enough".

7. Criminals will always be able to get weapons, drugs, etc because they associate with people who can get items that have been outlawed. I believe there are over 1,000 different gangs in this country. Here in Arizona I was camping out with my wife when next to us the Dirty Dozen started to camp next to us. We did not stay the whole night and for most of the day I always wondered if they left us alone because they saw the HK91 leaning again my Jeep tire or they did not think my attractive wife was attractive.

8. I always feel a little more comfortable when hiking in the back country and running into a herd of wild pigs knowing I have a little more than 10 rounds in that HK91.

What other reasons do you all think is a reason NOT to be limited to a 10 round magazine or an assault rifle?

Page generated in 0.03819 seconds with 8 queries