View Single Post
Old March 21, 2011, 09:16 AM   #1
moneypit

XDM (xdm9211hcsp) failure to feed question

My wife enjoyed shooting the Sig P228 I just picked up as my first handgun and went on a search for a pistol of her own. After looking at more than 20 models and many calibers she decided on an XDM 9mm.

We picked up a 1-2 month old XDM 9mm, full frame, Bi-tone that had "a couple hundred rounds through it". All the factory paraphernalia was unopened. After shooting four magazines, it was failing to feed the next round. First time was three rounds in a row. I ejected the magazine, tried the second magazine and same thing about five shots in with a failure to feed a couple more times. I sprayed some cleaner/lubricant in the gun wiped it down and it shot a couple trouble free magazines and then the next couple magazines it failed to feed at least once each magazine.

When we were done for the day, I field stripped, cleaned, lubed and reassembled the pistol and magazines. Anything else I should look at before our next time out?

We were using wallmart 124g, same as through the Sig P228 with no issues at all there.

Thanks in advance for any insight and tips to prevent future occurences of this problem.

Page generated in 0.03165 seconds with 8 queries