Thread: A&P Arms A+++
View Single Post
Old November 10, 2008, 02:32 PM   #32
Navy joe

I shot at A&P Virginia Beach three times a week for years until Camp Allen opened. Then I practically lived there. A&P has a clientele on the range that demands attention. In the old days they had some great employees like Ed Morningstar. If you think you know more about guns or are a better shot than Ed, well then you're wrong. He was patient and kind too. Norm was, is, and will be an idiot. He is a tightwad. Nowadays the beach store hires clerks, not gun people and it shows.

A&P Hampton is a different story. Norm is pretty hands off and Mike keeps an excellent stock. In personal transactions and buying from the store I have always been happy. The prices are right, used and new are clearly marked and regular customers are always welcome. Mike deserves a medal for being as nice as he is in light of what walks through his doors. His is the only Hampton Roads shop I'll go to.

Nothing bad to say about Superior other than their prices are pawn shop high. Harvey is a great guy and quite a gunsmith but I don't think he does that anymore. Their Hampton range was pretty beat up last time I saw it.

Page generated in 0.02742 seconds with 8 queries