View Single Post
Old February 23, 2009, 01:12 PM   #26
David Armstrong

Quote:
I wish that someone would sue one of these companies for wrongful death in the event that someone who is a CFL holder is killed on their way to or from work.
As mentioned, that is not going to happen. You voluntarily accept the job, you voluntarily accept the risk. Given the millions of peole who get to and from work every day without needing a gun, you will be hard-pressed to show any cause for action against the business. But again, as I've said so many times before, this shouldn't even be an issue. Are you (generic "you", not specific) an honest person whose word means something? If so it is pretty clear. You have made a deal with the business...you hire me and give me salary and benefits, I agree to follow your rules regarding work. As long as the business is within the parameters of the law, you should follow their rules. That is the deal you have made. Is your word as a person any good, or are you not to be trusted? Very simple, IMO. I see my friend Glenn has brought up the moral issue. If there is anything more basic to morals and ethical behavior than honesty and trust I'm not sure what it would be. And I always suggest turning the issue around. If it is OK for you to lie to the company about your work, is it OK for the company to lie to you about your compensation? Or would that be dishonest of them?

Last edited by David Armstrong; February 23, 2009 at 01:19 PM.

Page generated in 0.03602 seconds with 8 queries