View Single Post
Old November 29, 2017, 11:16 AM   #55
Tallest

Since I responded earlier I have taken two very nice whitetail with the RAR 7mm-08. But I may be switching my load from the Federal Vital-Shock Ballistic Tips 140 grn. to perhaps a Federal Fusion 120 grn. The Vital shocks are causing an unexpected amount of damage. Not that I'm complaining too much... until this year, with this load, I thought the term "bang flop" was a bit of an exaggeration. Not so now! Both deer took a combined total of 1 step. But both had silver dollar size exit wounds, and one had fragmented rib pieces in a good portion of the exit-side loin.

Given that I may not have the opportunity to zero a different load, I may finish the season with the good 'ol combo of a Savage 110 .243 with 80 grn Winchester Super X off the shelf from Wallyworld.

Or I'll save a tag or two for late muzzleloader.

But the weather has been nice, it's been a beautiful season so far, and either way I'm having as much fun as I ever have during deer season.

Happy Hunting, Folks!

"All men are ignorant. The topics of our ignorance may vary, but the nature of the world is that no man may know everything." ~ R Jordan

Page generated in 0.03767 seconds with 8 queries