View Single Post
Old May 17, 2017, 08:39 PM   #114
AK103K

The target I showed with the 50 holes in it, was simply for fun, and to show that the guns can be very controllable, even with full mag dumps.

We used to have friendly competition among friends using paper plates at 10 yards. One mag, one pull on the trigger. Whoever had the most rounds on the plate won. Once you understand the technique, its actually pretty easy. Is it anything other than fun and bragging rights? No. It is fun, and it does show you can control the gun, which does bleed over into other aspects of things.

Reality is quick bursts. Pick the target, give it a quick burst. Of course, thats assuming that is the appropriate response. It isnt always. But again, you need to know and understand that.

As far as the police using them, they have for years, both pistol and more so now, rifle caliber guns. I suppose how you were taught and what their (and their lawyers) doctrine is, determines what you do. Did they teach you to use them in any capacity? Or just tell you not to put the selector on anything other than semi?

I think the military is more worried about money and ammo expenditures than they are teaching people to shoot.

Not saying the games guys cant clear plates quicker in semi, they may well. With something living, what do you do if it doesnt? You keep shooting. A burst works a lot like buckshot out of a shotgun. Multiple instantaneous hits do more damage and tend to shut things down. If one is good, 3-5 are better.

Page generated in 0.02738 seconds with 8 queries