View Single Post
Old September 18, 2008, 05:38 AM   #78
Double Naught Spy

Quote:
Every single officer simultaneously unloading on one target's head would have probably put the target down.

Then they could have concentrated on the second target.
First, given the ability to aim and hit, everyone shooting at the same time, even at the suspect's head (which they were doing, BTW), would just mean that everyone missed at the same time and then managed to all unload their guns together such that you have a bunch of cops doing mag changes at the same time and nobody providing cover fire or having the ability to do so.

What do you do for the cops who are exposed and trying to shoot the suspect's head, but the suspects are raking them with full auto fire?

Also, what com system was in place that would make it possible for all officers to hear all commands sufficiently well to make such a coordinated effort? Yes, most undoubtedly had their walkie talkies, but not all of them. So you have several dozen officers spread out over a very large area and firing at suspects from 270 degree around the suspects. So are these commands going to be shouted over the roar of the fire?

Page generated in 0.02510 seconds with 8 queries