View Single Post
Old May 25, 2007, 07:38 PM   #1
Bildo

Location: Southside Virginia middle of the long southern state line, a rifle shot from NC
Sturmgewehr 44 Value for a newbie

I promissed my secretary 6 months ago that I'd find out the value of her Dad's Sturmgewehr 44. It has its original leather sling, capture papers included and certification that it was converted to semi-auto before it could be brought home. I have no pictures but its in good shape 70%. One Mag.
I've never found one on an auction site. Anyone ever seen one for sale? I suggested she put a very high reserve and put it on an auction site to see what turns up. When you realize an old 1920s Thompson sub might bring $25K+ in good shape (if still in full auto, class III), I thought a $40K reserve might be a good starting point as a wild guess to insure it doesn't sell. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Most of the old gun dealers I've met can't give me an answer. I just found this site and was very entertained and learned a couple of things I didn't know about some of my handguns. Better check the pins on my 1st generation Taurus Millenium PT111. The posts by forum member Sturmgewehr reminded me of my pursuit. Danke.

Page generated in 0.02393 seconds with 8 queries