View Single Post
Old June 20, 2007, 10:55 AM   #2
Shoney

As long as you don't run it for an excessive amount of time (days), it is perfectly safe. For years commercial reloaders have used cement mixers filled with shreded newspaper to tumble loaded rounds.

I have a friend who is a farmer/rancher in Montana. We worked up a load for his 25-06 about 10 years ago. That coyote rifle, along with two 50 round plastic cartridge cases have ridden in the cab of his last 3 pickups. Each pickup had well over 100,000 miles on gravel roads, open prairie, and across fields. Those bumpy conditions have worn holes in the plastic top above the last 30 or so rounds. They are still very accurate, with no pressure signs.

If any tumbler can even come close to those vibratory conditions over that length of time, I am yet to be aware of it. So I feel very comfortable running my loaded rounds in my vibratory tumbler for about 20 min to get the final finish.
I pledge allegiance to the Flag - - -, and to the Republic for which it stands….Our Forefathers were brilliant for giving us a Republic, not a democracy! Do you know the difference??? and WHY?http://www.wallbuilders.com/LIBissue...les.asp?id=111

Page generated in 0.02897 seconds with 8 queries