View Single Post
Old May 21, 2004, 03:20 PM   #7
Hand_Rifle_Guy

Hkmp5sd-

You shoot that thing? I thought I was nuts with the Monster. Now with .45's, I could see it. .410 chambers allow for a LOT of freebore, which reduces recoil. With .410 loads, uh, ouch. Out of my cheesy .410 bolt-gun, recoil was pretty stout, but that's with a decent-length barrel.

Curious I am about what, if any, kind of forcing cone that monstrosity has. I've got an un-assembled single-shot kit from the same company, and the alignment of the chamber to the 1" or so of rifled bore was mediocre at best. Dunno how much difference it makes, but I was unimpressed. I bought the kit with it's .45 application in mind anyhow, but I haven't made any moves towards assembling it as short-barreled shotguns are a no-no in this state.

As for shotloads in this discussion? Sure, if that floats yer boat. I personally would probably avoid such, unless it was one of those "3 000-buck pellets" loads that ADC has made up especially for them. .410 slug loads weigh in at 88 grains, which is less than a .380 bullet. 11/16 of an ounce of birdshot out of 1" of rifled bore makes me cringe in terms of effectivenes, or lack thereof. I suppose patterning such a device would be in order, as I have NO IDEA what they actually do, and velocity is another mystery.

I'm reminded of that every time the phone rings.

"The telephone is an infernal device whereby any damnfool with a nickel can ruin your whole day."---Mark Twain

H_R_G

Page generated in 0.03198 seconds with 8 queries