Thread: Ruger M77
View Single Post
Old April 22, 2013, 10:45 AM   #11
rc

A neighbor that squaks when you shoot will squak if they hear you shoot anything. Even so, I would strongly suggest you consider a 17 mach 2 CZ 452. They are out there and the mach 2 is a fairly quiet round compared with any centerfire and even the 17 hmr. They sound about like a high speed 22. I don't find I'm much more effective with the hmr than the mach 2 due to wind drift at distance. The problem is finding ammo right now. People are crazy! I saw 4500 round on GB sell for over $2000. Even so when in stock at regular prices expect to pay 1/2 what you would for 17hmr or about 1/3 the cost of the new winchester super wallet drainer. $7-8 a box is about normal these days. The 17 mach 2 will flat out kill small varmints to 100 yards with good shot placement and is a low ricochette high accuracy round. There are 77/17s in the caliber but they are rare and expensive. You missed the clearance in 2006 when they sold out for $350-$450 and full power ammo was $4 or less a box! Current ammo is a bit slower at 2000fps,down from 2150fps due to Kabooms in semi auto conversions. You can still find a savage heavy barrel for about $250 or a CZ 452 for about $500. The thing I don't like about super quiet subsonic ammo in 22s is they still ricochette and they rainbow at distance making hits harder. If you can find and afford a 77/17 in mach 2, give it a good home. Highly neglected round in a great little rifle that kills out of proportion to its size. Really this was/is the best of the rimfire 17s. They just couldn't make it work well with semi auto guns so companies shied away from production. Works great in bolt actions. A 204 is a long range open country varminter. Sounds like neighbors are too close. Can't force them to move so ya gotta buy a new gun

Last edited by rc; April 22, 2013 at 10:55 AM.

Page generated in 0.02166 seconds with 8 queries