View Single Post
Old December 19, 2018, 02:26 PM   #3
HiBC

Quote:
reputable manufacturer of aftermarket parts.

You bought a part.It did not work out for you.They refunded the money.

I don't understand what more you want.Its a guide rod.I don't know what you mean by "The pocket in the slide" I see the guide rod as positioned in the frame. The flange may have fit a little too tight in the ??? frame??That's why one 1911 tool is a file. There are enough variations in the population of "1911's that it behooves you to make sure a new part fits properly. Frankly,I'm not picturing the problem.I have had to file the edges of a flange before.

One job I used to have at an industrial controls manufacturer was identifying and managing non-conforming parts. I know this dog pretty well.

The first requirement is a blueprint that defines the specs of your guide rod.

Then you inspect the features of the guide rod.If you find a dimension out of spec,then it IS the manufacturers problem.

But its equally possible that your frame is out of spec.

Apparently you bought a 1911 that worked,and it was made without a guide rod.(Note,we are NOT talking about the original JMB part called a "Spring guide" A "guide rod" is different)

I don't know how your conversation went.Its possible you were diplomatic and the manufacturer was not.That can happen.Its equally possible,from where I sit,that you were expressing how you felt,rather than an accurate description of an identified problem.It might be a $20 part? Sometimes the best solution is "Sir,I'd be happy to give you your money back"

Its also possible the manufacturer was correct,that (whether you know it or not) the problem is not the guide rod.I can't tell,you can't tell,and the manufacturer can't tell without checking to see if your part meets print.

In any case,if you got a full refund,I'm not going to jump to the conclusion you received poor customer service.You also might check the fine print for "Some fitting by a competent gunsmith may be required"

Last edited by HiBC; December 19, 2018 at 02:37 PM.

Page generated in 0.03745 seconds with 8 queries