View Single Post
Old January 9, 2006, 05:56 PM   #38
Capt. Charlie
Moderator Emeritus

Mike

Quote:
You have to take the credentials of those posting such nonsense with a bucket load of salt! In the real world, rather than the armchair one, professionals know that putting two in the head of a man holding a gun to someone's head is the instant way to put them down - dead before they hit the ground in many instances.
Um, that bucket of salt may have been mine . I've seen no less than eight head shots by handguns of various calibers, either by suicide or homicide, and none of them died instantly.... or pleasantly.

The most recent involved a 22 yr. old man "jokingly" playing Russian Roulette in front of friends with a J-frame Smith and Federal .38+P HP's. A 1.5" X 2.3" piece of his skull was lying 14 inches away, along with a fair amount of brain matter. I arrived on scene approx. 5 minutes after the shooting was reported, and he was breathing, but aspirating. It took him another 20 minutes to die.

Were they disabled by the shot? Hell yes, but if there is such a thing as an instant kill with a handgun, it'd be serendipity. Now a rifle? Whole different ball game.

I train in earnest, to do the things that I pray in earnest, I'll never have to do.

--Capt. Charlie

Page generated in 0.02382 seconds with 8 queries