View Single Post
Old January 9, 2006, 03:49 PM   #35
The British Soldier

Quote:
What bothers me about it was a post a few days ago, pointing out that head shots do not instantly kill like many people (myself included) thought. this would mean that before the shot was fired, the person being held hostage would have to have a plan to take control of the weapon and where it was pointed. could this be done before the bg got a chance to fire? what are the chances of injury? would the hostage freeze up just as you shot, thus allowing the bg to shoot him/her as well?
You have to take the credentials of those posting such nonsense with a bucket load of salt! In the real world, rather than the armchair one, professionals know that putting two in the head of a man holding a gun to someone's head is the instant way to put them down - dead before they hit the ground in many instances.

If you read any of the post-action reports of the Embassy siege in London in 1980, the coroners report that those terrorists shot in the head by the Counter Terrorist Team were killed instantly - and that was the report from the inquest afterward. Those men were shot with 9mm Ball from MP5 or Browning Hi Power - not hydrashock, or JHP, or any other current 'essential' defensive round.

I trust my operational experience and what I have seen rather than what is speculated here.

When you're wounded and left on Afghanistan's plains
And the women come out to cut up what remains
Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains
An' go to your Gawd like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling.

Page generated in 0.03202 seconds with 8 queries