View Single Post
Old January 9, 2006, 09:00 AM   #29
Chris Phelps

I used to think the answer was yes, but a lot of posts here have changed my mind on that one.

From a 10 foot distance with the handgun of my choosing, I could place 3 bullets through his eye before he gets the chance to blink. Aim is of no concern when it comes time to make that very important decision. What bothers me about it was a post a few days ago, pointing out that head shots do not instantly kill like many people (myself included) thought. this would mean that before the shot was fired, the person being held hostage would have to have a plan to take control of the weapon and where it was pointed. could this be done before the bg got a chance to fire? what are the chances of injury? would the hostage freeze up just as you shot, thus allowing the bg to shoot him/her as well?

Assuming the hostage knew their part, and could pull it off sucessfully, I would have to say, absolutly.

BTW: Springmom... the quickest way for a bg to take you hostage, thus spiraling you into this type of situation without giving you time for reactions would be for him/her to hide somewhere like a closet. If you turned your back to exit, the opportunity would arise, and in less than 2 seconds you would find yourself right in the middle of this theoretical situation. It could happen if the bg were hiding behind the door, too... but I assume that, like me, you watch between the hinges of doors when you enter the room. Simply put, all you need is a fast, armed bg and about 2 seconds of having your back turned. No situation could be fully avoided, so its good that you have a plan regardless of your thoughts on weather or not it will happen. I applaud you for that.
Bushmaster Superlight AR-15 5.56mm / Custom 24" Heavy BBL Varmint AR-15 5.56mm / Ruger M77 .257 Roberts / Ruger MKI 22LR Pistol / EAA Witness 9mm Pistol / Daisy 2202 22LR / Remington Viper 522 22LR / Stevens 200 .223 / Savage 10FP 24" .308 / Mauser 98 Sporter 30-06

Page generated in 0.02227 seconds with 8 queries