View Single Post
Old January 8, 2006, 11:10 PM   #26
Fremmer

Hmmm. There is lots of emotion involved, and your body (as well as the B.G.'s body) will be full of adrenaline. You have half of the B.G.'s face to shoot at, and the target is moving. If you miss, you'll likely hit your wife, and if you don't hit your wife, the B.G. may shoot her.

I've never been in this type of a situation, or received formal training to deal with it. But I have shot at stationary deer, and also at moving deer. The movement significantly increases the difficulty of making an accurate shot, and you typically have a 6 to 8 inch kill zone on a deer. Here, you have only a few inches of non-wife target.

I understand that none of us want to let those two leave the house. But the moving, very small target really worries me. The 'limp wife' plan sounds good. The idea of shooting through your wife (her leg, etc.)? Yeah . Maybe in the movies, but not in the real world.

My solution? I don't have one, and I'll be the first to admit it. I don't mean to be trollish, just offering some observations. Maybe I'm wrong.

Page generated in 0.03625 seconds with 8 queries