View Single Post
Old January 26, 2012, 04:56 PM   #5
Deja vu

Quote:
No way you will find an extremely quiet 458 caliber silencer that is any reasonable size. It needs a bore of at least half an inch. This is going to let lots of noise out of a cartridge with a 20 grain powder charge.

Settle for something that is safe to use without ear plugs, especially if you want to use it for hunting and do not have huge arms to carry it in.

Ranb
personally I would not mind if it was 8 inch in diameter and 5 feet long so long as it worked, this 458 Socom is not for hunting (at least not the walking around kind of hunting) it is just a range toy.

I know I may be asking too much. I like to shoot but I don't like to spook the deer I was hoping I could find a happy medium. I hunt from my back porch if I start making lots of loud noise I may not be able to do that any more.

currently when I shoot a deer (about 1-2 times a year) i have to wait 2-3 month before I see deer again.

all 26 of my guns are 45/70 govt, 357 mag, 22 or 12 ga... I believe in keeping it simple. Wish my wife did as well...

Page generated in 0.03281 seconds with 8 queries