View Single Post
Old December 31, 2012, 06:09 PM   #87
nate45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Billy
If there's convincing evidence that a significant number of our community believe the 2A is meant to provide the people with the right to keep and bear arms with which to overthrow the government, then efforts to repeal the 2A will be joined by every citizen who doesn't want and doesn't see the need to prepare for civil war. It's that kind of wild-eyed rhetoric that makes the gun community look like a bunch of armed loonies bent on solving all issues with gunfire.
You, like many others, seem to forget history. History, especially the history of the last century, is replete with tyrannical governments. Most all the people, who suffered the abuses of those tyrannical governments, never thought their government would turn on them either.

We have a constitution and we have a process for changing that constitution. Despite a few complainers and the Civil War, its worked so far, without revolution. If the process of Amending the Constitution is followed and our rights are changed, then most people will accept it. As it stands now, despite a few things that are relatively minor, everything is working as designed by the framers.

So, I would whole heartedly agree, that for the current time and the foreseeable future, as long as things are decided constitutionally, any talk of revolt or violent action is silly. However, that does not negate the fact, that things can change and none can say for sure what might happen in the future. I'm not Nostradamus, so I don't know what the world will look like in the future.

I'm 100% certain that all will be aware of when things have tipped past the breaking point. It could be along the lines of the Civil War, by that I mean, there will be some radical change of some form, that will create a constitutional crisis. Or something else entirely, like I said I'm no prognosticator.

What I do know for certain is, the founding fathers intended the people to have the option and the means to resist tyranny. There is no question about that whatsoever.

Page generated in 0.03797 seconds with 8 queries