View Single Post
Old May 25, 2015, 10:26 AM   #22
44 AMP
Staff

Quote:
I don't like my revolvers to roll in my hand because when they do they bash the trigger guard into my second finger of my shooting hand, after awhile that starts to become painful, especially when shooting stouter loads.
I discovered this problem when shooting my 7.5" Blackhawk .45 Colt. With 250gr bullets, when the velocity gets about 1200fps the standard grip is no longer comfortable. Took me a while to figure out why my middle finger hurt after a cylinder full.

My solution was Pachmayr grips, which fill in behind the triggerguard, and reducing my GP load to about 1100fps.

Had a friend who got a Birdshead Vaquero .44Mag. He has small hands, and short thumbs, and put in a Bisley hammer. Nice feeling gun, until you shoot it.

With a 240gr at 1100fps it is not pleasant, and with full house .44 Mag loads, its rather painful. At standard .44 Special/ .45 Colt levels its fun to shoot. Above that, ....not so much...

Page generated in 0.03641 seconds with 8 queries