View Single Post
Old September 1, 2013, 10:48 AM   #1
Rogervzv

Range Report -- new CZ452 Ultra Lux

Finally got my new CZ452 Ultra Lux (.22LR) to the range today. She is equipped with a Redfield Revolution 2-7x33 scope. My goal today was to zero the rifle. Here is a pic of the rifle and scope setup:

At the range the rifle operated perfectly. I was shooting Federal Auto-Match .22LR lead-tipped rounds which is good if not great ammunition. No ejection or extraction issues whatever; the rifle ran like a dream. Zero was at 25 yards. At first the rifle was firing about 3 inches to the right, with elevation perfect. After about 4 adjustments (the last two being VERY slight) these are the targets. The one on the right is 25 rounds, the one on the left is 10 rounds. Hilariously, when I was shooting the left-hand target I thought at first that I was missing because my rounds kept going through the same spot on the target.

I was shooting from a sandbag rest, not a vise, and these are probably the best groups that I personally have shot with any rifle at 25 yards. The Redfield scope is perfect for the rifle in my opinion. The center-circle reticle of the Revolution scope fits right over the bull's-eye making target acquisition very easy and precise.

Here is my review of the scope on Amazon ("helpful" clicks appreciated) Amazon.com: Roger J. Buffington's review of Redfield Revolution 2-7x33mm Accu-Range

Really going to have fun shooting this rifle!

Page generated in 0.02273 seconds with 8 queries