View Single Post
Old August 6, 2013, 11:07 PM   #62
Levant

Quote:
But I think there's having a smart plan & being paranoid.
There's a difference between paranoid and prepared. Paranoid is when you're afraid and looking over your shoulder. Prepared is when you don't have to be afraid or look over your shoulder.

I have to wonder if the real paranoid are those who are more afraid of carrying their guns and what it means about them. Didn't Freud have something to say about people afraid of guns?

Quote:
Because even the slowest person on earth would have had ample time to retrieve a firearm from anywhere in an apartment and been ready to go by the time the bad guy got around to breaking into that apartment. Unless he's Flash Gordon, of course.
This is not even close to accurate. One kick and the door is open and the bad guy is in. If your gun isn't so close that you can grab it while ducking for immediate cover then your gun is useless in a home invasion. On the desk if you've drilled and drilled on ducking under the desk while grabbing and pointing your gun. On your hip is even better.

Quote:
That's your opinion. I am quite comfortable knowing a firearm is easily accessible from wherever I happen to be at home. I don't need the reassurance of having it resting against my body.
I'd be more comfortable with my gun resting against my body.

Page generated in 0.02550 seconds with 8 queries