View Single Post
Old May 13, 2012, 06:05 PM   #1
GuitarsAndGuns

New bench pic, plus a newb .45 bullet question

Hi all. First up I just wanted to show a pic of my new bench I built. My old one was plywood and 2X4's and it just looked bad in the house. I built this one out of solid oak, stained and oiled. Took me a week and I think it looks pretty good and it is very solid. Turned out pretty nice for only having a cheap jigsaw and cordless drill for power tools. Anyway, I had to show it to someone.

To get to the point, here is my question. I have some lead .45 bullets I am trying to reload. They have a lip on them, you can see it on the photo. Is the bullet meant to be pressed to the end of the lip? If so the OAL will be short. If it doesn't matter, why would it be there. I cycled a mag through my Colts and they seemed to feed fine, but one got caught up in my Springfield which normally works great. The loaded one in the pic has an OAL of 1.272. The bullets are Precision Delta. I also had feeding problems with their FMJ .45 ACP, but there .38/.357 has been great. Sorry for the newb question, but I haven't been reloading for very long, and this is the first batch of .45 lead I have tried.

Page generated in 0.02677 seconds with 8 queries