View Single Post
Old June 18, 2008, 09:16 AM   #10
Chui

Quote:
Ah, Musketeer brings up a good point: CCW means CONCEALED! If I don't see it, it does not exist. Now from prior experience it does not mean that I don't know you have it, but I am a security guard not a cop, and I cannot force you to show it to me. Just 'cuz some ol' duff in a cheap shoulder rig looks like a dude wearing a bra, it does not mean that I have the right to search him. This is covered under Acting as an Agent of the Government, several other laws, and key articles of the Bill of Rights.

Even a cop has to be able to prove that it is not indeed a J. Edgar-style closet cross dresser in a bra, before he can ask to see your CCW, and even then he must have probable cause.
Police violate the spirit of the Constitution and Bill of Rights daily and it holds up in court with regularity. The key word would be "suspicion".

I don't like it but we have to deal with it until we decide to peacably change the direction of our gov't - local, state and federal.

Page generated in 0.04744 seconds with 8 queries