View Single Post
Old May 6, 2005, 09:12 PM   #17
stephen426

If by chance the BG gets the jump on you, meaning he has a gun pointed at you, give it up. You can always call 911 later. Unless you are really that much of a quick draw McGraw, you have no chance of drawing and firing before he gets a shot off. As much as I love my car, I would not risk it.

As for punching the gas, there is no guarantee that he will not shoot at you. I hope that is not the case but it is still risky. If the BG really has the jump on me, meaning he has a gun already pointed at me, I will get out of the car and look for a chance to shoot after (assuming he lets anyone else in the car to exit first).

One thing I would do is turn off the car and then exit. If the BG doesn't know how to start it, he will get stuck. I have an M3 with the SMG transmission. You have to put the selector lever in neutral and have the brake depressed to start it up. You also have to turn the key back past position 1 if you turn it off before restarting. While he is trying to figure it out, I should have more than ample opportunity to make him reconsider. I really would hate to have to bloody up my car though!

Situational awareness is key! I also agree with not boxing yourself in. I hope you guys are never in this situation. Be safe!

Page generated in 0.03360 seconds with 8 queries