View Single Post
Old November 20, 2018, 07:29 AM   #44
HiBC

I did not watch Revenant.The trailer was interesting.

The Hollywood celeb types ,such as Mr deeCarpio certainly may have different opinions than I do,no problem.
When they use their celebrity to leverage those opinions into imposing their politics, I tend to keep my wallet in my pocket.
deeCarpio flies around in his private jet telling me what sacrifices I need to make. I do not feed that dog.

I got long winded in my response and timed out.

I wrote of the locals,such as Mike "Broken Butt"McCormick and the local buckskinners being part of the movie "Mountain Men" and the mini series "Centennial"
This town is now around 200,000 . In 1966,it was around 40,000. I recalled the names of the Gunsmiths and shops...Claude,Sarge,Dave, Louie,Glenn,Fletch,Frank,Cactus Jack,Buckhorn,Timberline,Mike...the indoor range at the high school I attended,the great county range we had,in town trap range. The Old Man mentors...the open ground and freedom.
It was OK to be a kid on a bike with a rifle or shotgun slung across your back.
"There is a kid keeping out of trouble"
Those Old Men are gone. Now I'm one of them....but they were in their time.

The fur trade did not last long. Time passed those guys by. They did not fit anymore,except for the indignity of "The Wild West Show"

It occurs to me,like the Mountain Man,60's and 70's Colorado,I lived something
thats gone.

Movies? Last night I said to a young man" It amazes me how many younger folks have never seen "Easy Rider","American Graffitti",or "Forrest Gump"

He just gave me a blank look.He had not seen them,either. Not epic films,but some Americana.

For the younger folks...I don't know..my grandparents,parents(Both No Africa/Italy Veterans)and myself pretty much spanned the 20th Century.

WW2 ,for younger folks,is rapidly becoming as far away from their experience and relevance,as the Civil War of the previous Century was for me.

Cowboys,trail drives...blinks in history.Time moved by.

I still don't use a cell phone

Last edited by HiBC; November 20, 2018 at 07:57 AM.

Page generated in 0.02637 seconds with 8 queries