View Single Post
Old October 22, 2007, 05:48 PM   #103
The Canuck

You know, I am surrprised by the wide variety of opinions and while I can see some sides to this story, I still can't figure out why some of us seem to be looking at a situation like this as an excuse to draw a gun in public.

Some of you have made comments to me about how hard it would be to look the family of a deceased innocent in the face after I "did nothing", then answer me this, how am I supposed to look them in the face if I walked into the middle of a situation and shot the guy with the gun to find out ten seconds later that I just shot the GOOD GUY who had already stopped the bad guy? What do I say to the family then, "sorry, he had a gun so I had to shoot him"? Or how about this, what if you're the good guy and some other guy comes along and pops you because there was shooting and he came to save the day? Will his apology bring you back? Not too likely.

Folks, think about this carefully, how you act will determine not just your future, but the future of your family and those of the people you went to save. If you're on the ground at the scene, it is a vastly different story from arrivng after the action has started. The use of a gun should only be if you have no other choice.

Page generated in 0.04041 seconds with 8 queries