Thread: CCW question
View Single Post
Old February 14, 2009, 03:09 PM   #49
BuckHammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckHammer
I fail to see where it says those qualifiers aren't the case.
This part of my previous post is part of a much larger post. If one reads the whole thing, they will find that it is not on either side and was made solely to point out the fact that you can't say whether it was alright to draw or not! By saying that they guy was "minding his own business", you are adding the qualifier that he was minding his own business! It is impossible to tell! That conclusion can only be made based on the context. You can say that he "may be minding his own business", but that doesn't tell you anything.

EDIT: I'm not specifically saying that you said "minding his own business" and by using "you" I didn't mean to refer directly to David Armstrong. I was more just speaking in my own style. Please keep this edit in mind before quoting specific parts of my post. "You" was meant to refer to people in general, and "minding his own business" was meant to refer to saying that kind of thing.

Last edited by BuckHammer; February 14, 2009 at 03:15 PM. Reason: clarification, guard against misinterpretation.

Page generated in 0.03527 seconds with 8 queries