View Single Post
Old May 23, 2018, 09:29 PM   #12
ms6852

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninosdemente View Post
I have a small and very cheap spotting scope I got through Kmart for $10. I know, I know. Now that I know better, I am looking to get a new one. At the moment, the range I go to it only goes up to 200yds, but there is a place I found that goes beyond 200yds.

Being ignorant about scopes, expensive scopes vs the cheaper scopes they do what they are suppose to but like everything they all have some type of limitations regardless of what one purchases. Right? Even the ones I have gotten a chance to view (Vortex models $500+ spotting scopes) and clear as they are, they must have some type of limitation as how far/clear one would be able to see the hole on paper?

There is one that I have seen many times on sale at Cabelas. It is a Herter's 20-60x60 spotting scope Which I have seen for at $50. As mentioned, I did get a chance to look through a $500 Vortex and a $1000 Vortex. I would probably be more geared to spend up to $500 but is it really necessary for using at the range only for up to 200+yds? Are certain models/spotting scopes good up to a certain range? Thanks in advanced.
I always refer anyone interested in buying a spotting scope to this link. It is a pretty good read on what to expect a spotting scope to do based on the price and the power of the scope and what you want to see. Hope this helps.
https://www.opticsplanet.com/howto/h...-shooting.html

Page generated in 0.02663 seconds with 8 queries