View Single Post
Old February 1, 2020, 05:30 PM   #16
TBM900

Quote:
Originally Posted by 44 AMP View Post
I am referring to the 9mm shot that according to some stopped "1/2" short" in the chest. The later shots to his head (.38 or .357 I'd have to look up which) were not blamed as "failures" by the FBI review.
Ive seen both shots used as examples to be "critical" of x or y which is I was asking for clarification.

Quote:
My point is that a "rated" JHP approved, and with a good track record, "failed" due to circumstances unique to the situation. The shooter was an average size guy just VERY determined, and was not stopped by a bullet that "should have".
Except for the fact that the bullet didn't fail, not in any way shape or form.
It struck the guy in the bicep, traveled through 8" of flesh, fat, muscle, etc, and expanding along the way.
It exited, then entered his chest expanded and sideways, continuing another 8".
I would say it performed perfectly.

Quote:
The official blame was placed on the round, not the exact circumstances of the shot. Which, is something common to bureaucratic systems, choosing a scapegoat unable to dispute their conclusions.
Correct
The only real "failure" that day was that of the agents to be prepared and to not underestimate their quarry.
The reality is they had their rear ends handed to them in spectacular fashion.
Thats not me ripping on them, just a simple reality.

If one looks at the shots taken, one will quickly see that the majority of hits were poorly/ineffectively placed, and the majority simply missed.
Which goes back to my mantra of...
Practice
Placement
Penetration
Each trumping things like the much overrated expansion.

All the gimmicky boutique bullets in the world will not supersede simply mastering ones weapon, ones self, ones situation.

Last edited by TBM900; February 1, 2020 at 06:43 PM.

Page generated in 0.04397 seconds with 8 queries