View Single Post
Old December 19, 2015, 11:23 PM   #36
barnbwt

"I like the porting to make most all 9mm ammo weights sub-sonic. is this a new concept? I haven't heard of this practice before, but then again I am not very literate when it comes to silenced weapons."
I believe this goes back to the DeLisle if not Maxim designs. I also understand the porting right near the chamber to drop velocity sub-sonic is the primary reason to go with an integral design, since the can volume past the muzzle is more determinative of the decibel drop; the volume around the barrel helps, too, but it's mostly there so the bleed-off can occur, and isn't as useful for sub-sonic rounds like 45acp that don't need to bleed off gas to stay sub-sonic (well, unless you make the volume surrounding the barrel really, really big like the DeLisle, which had a lot of now-outdated design features working against it being as quiet as it was)

2ndchance,
Would the 45ACP version also be ported at the chamber?

TCB

Page generated in 0.03076 seconds with 8 queries