View Single Post
Old November 20, 2012, 07:03 PM   #2
tahunua001

I have no experience with the compact 9mm XDM but I have owned the full size in 9mm and 45 and still own a compact in 45. recoil is not a big deal but I dread the day I actually have to use that thing without earplugs in...that thing is loud. I heavily recommend XDMs over M&Ps and Glocks. I own an SR9C as well but I equate them to the standard XD line in terms of accuracy, trigger feel and ergonomics. 519 is an amazing deal but I would verify that the pistol you saw was not a standard XD as many people fail to realize that even though the XDM is an updated version of the platform springfield still sells both versions.

I would go with the XDM, they have no recurring QC issues or ongoing recalls like some other companies in your list and don't require a trigger upgrade like others in your list...

I'm not sure if you were limiting yourself to striker fired guns intentionally or not but if you are not opposed to hammer fired guns the beretta PX4 storm might also be a very good option and if I recall correctly they also have grip extensions for the compact models.

Page generated in 0.03962 seconds with 8 queries