Thread: My last Ruger
View Single Post
Old March 21, 2013, 11:40 AM   #34
44 AMP
Staff

My Super Single Six has always been rather "tight" with most ammo, rounds needing to be pushed home the last 1/4 inch or so, sometimes rather forcefully. Never had any issues ejecting the fired brass.

There are min/max specs for everything, chambers and ammo included. IF a cylinder chamber is on the min end of the spec and your ammo on the max end, then you are going to have issues. AND, issues or no, a min spec chamber is still "in spec", and wouldn't be replaced/modified by the factory.

Here's an expiriment to try, get a couple of sturdy flat plates of some dense material and carefully roll a few of the bullets between them under some pressure (JUST THE BULLETS, NOT THE WHOLE ROUND - especially NOT THE RIMS). The idea is to squeeze the bullets just a bit, .0005-.001? and see if they will chamber easier. Done right it should not make them grossly out of round. Might not work, but if it does, it should allow you to make use of that ammo, in that gun. With soft lead bullets it works sometimes....might work with the plated bullets, I don't know for sure, if it doesn't work, you're no worse off that I can see.

If it wasn't for the current shortage, I'd say just get some differnt ammo for that gun. I can see why you are so frustrated, but I don't think Ruger is at fault. IF your Ruger wouldn't chamber any common ammo, then I would say Ruger is at fault.

Good Luck.

Page generated in 0.03387 seconds with 8 queries