View Single Post
Old May 29, 2012, 05:42 PM   #45
SHR970

Gee I must have missed the part where on my friends Hornady Progressive Press mounted Hornady Pacific powder measure threw charges that we were all over the map. That included inconsistent throws, bridging problems, and the occasional over charge; hence pop / boom syndrome. We never had that problem with W231.

I guess that Hornady products are what some must be referring to a "Cheap" equipment because it is red. There QC back in the early 90's must have been terrible.

Going to a bench mounted powder dispenser when running a Progressive Press is like eating everything but the ribeye on the plate and having the kids hamburger patty. But hey, if you want to run a bench mounted press while running a progressive it's your time and effort.

Over the years I have found powders better suited to what I want to do and put up with. I still load a bulk of my loads single stage and for most of those loads I used a Lee Hand Press. But if I run a batch on that old Hornady, I know a few powders that I will not use.

Page generated in 0.02841 seconds with 8 queries