View Single Post
Old April 16, 2012, 03:08 PM   #19
BigJimP

There is no right or wrong answer ....virtually all of the reloaders being made out there these days is good equipment.

Personally, I like the Dillon 650 with a case feeder...but there isn't anything wrong with the LNL...or the RCBS for that matter. To me - it came down to a comfort factor ...a lot of my friends have Dillon presses -- so I can use their experience if I had an issue / and the techs at Dillon - were very helpful when I was calling asking questions about their press.

Yes, the Dillon is a little more money ...but over the lifetime of the press..its insignificant in my view.

What I do think is important in picking a new press ..is that it have the capability of a powder check, powder cop or lock out die ...so you get the feedback on your powder drops.

Yes, I have toolheads set up for every caliber I load...with powder measure and powder check dies installed and ready to go. It makes changing calibers really convenient. Yes, I have the casefeeder ...and again it speeds things up a lot ...makes reloading very convenient.
----------
I've loaded on other friends LNL, and one of the RCBS presses ..and they aren't bad presses ...but I do think the Dillon 650 is a little heavier / a little stronger press...( it isn't about paint color ..) ....

http://thefiringline.com/forums/atta...8&d=1225917369

Shop July 08 017.jpg

Last edited by BigJimP; April 16, 2012 at 03:24 PM.

Page generated in 0.02908 seconds with 9 queries