View Single Post
Old March 26, 2012, 06:55 PM   #15
RC20

Quote:
A lot of people advocate buying used, but the Smith has a non-transferable lifetime warranty if you buy new. Some say the bluing on the older guns was better but the new ones should function just as well. The new one I looked at was beautiful. Smith says you should only fire standard velocity ammo through a 41 and with a used gun you have know way of knowing what ammo went through it, whether it was dry fired, etc.
You simply send it back and do not tell them you are not the original owner.
Don't ask don't tell and it works fine.

If its a warranty item they will fix it, if abuse you pay for it.

We have had 3 of them. Two were flawless, one bought a bit latter in the 70s or ealry 80s was not. Rather than send it in he sold it. Nice setup with multiple barrels. Did not tell anyone. I could have starngled him.

I carried mine for years for SD (damn confidient I could shoot the eye out of a squirel at 75 ft) as well as a woods gun. It was all I had that was on the concealible side. Its a bit dinged up but functions flawlessly.

No clue on the new ones, have not shot one.

You can get a different barrel with a rail setup which is where I will go one of these days so I can shoot it again. Old eyes can't see the iron sights which is a shame.

Page generated in 0.03787 seconds with 8 queries