View Single Post
Old May 27, 2011, 02:51 PM   #46
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Just tried it again last night. I didn't have anybody timing me so my sense of time is subjective not objective. If the objective is to just empty your gun quickly the semi wins hands down but on target, (in this case 1 liter water bottles set up at 8 yards in a semi circle around me), I could tell no difference between my pump action shooting time and my semi-auto shooting time. More time with the new gun may change that but right now 40 years with a pump rules the day for me. Either way a deer, turkey or boogerman is in trouble if I have either in my hand and they are loaded with appropriate loads.

Moot point for most of us I would think based on my own personal experience. Not many of us can afford the cases of day training time the pro's get.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.02051 seconds with 8 queries