View Single Post
Old August 11, 2012, 10:05 AM   #4
Clark

CAUTION: The following post includes loading data beyond currently published maximums for this cartridge. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. Neither the writer, The Firing Line, nor the staff of TFL assume any liability for any damage or injury resulting from use of this information.

I have a 45acp revolver, a 25-2.
Clark Custom Guns [no relation] has been converting those revolvers for 12 years to be 460 Rowland.

I have some problems with the conversion:
1) I don't want my chambers lengthened for 460 brass, 45acp brass can do anything 460 brass can.
2) I don't want to run 38 k c.u.p in a cylinder with 0.063" chamber wall thickness

I can get more power than 460 Rowland with ~ 23 kpsi pressures, if I make use of the longer over all length possible in the revolver vs 45acp semi auto magazine.

I have a problem with that much recoil [ more than 44 mag] can pull the bullets out. So I cut down a 45 LC seater die do I could roll crimp 45acp and 45 auto rim.
"Ad hominem fallacy" is not the same as point by point criticism of books. If you bought the book, and believe it all, it may FEEL like an ad hominem attack, but you might strive to accept other points of view may exist.
Are we a nation of competing ideas, or a nation of forced conformity of thought?

Page generated in 0.02311 seconds with 9 queries