View Single Post
Old June 25, 2007, 03:59 PM   #31
srtrax

This is more about missing an opportunity than missing a shot, but i have a few of them also! A few years back i worked at a place where one of the guys i worked with son moved back home for awhile. Their place just off-set a little from where i hunted, and well the son ended up going to work at the same place. After bragging about the size of deer that was on said property, the non-hunting son goes and buys a new rifle and wants to start hunting. Gets the landowner to give him permission to hunt same place. Thats o.k. more than enough room for two of us here. He goes scouting and finds my stand and wants to hunt close by. (NOT) So i tell him of a spot plum on the other side of lease and tell him of a tree that would be easy to set in and all kinds of sign around that area. Well, guess what, he had 3 heads mounted in 3 years in a row from the tree i had him set in. I did o.k. but not mounting size racks. I was sure glad to see him hook up with a girlfriend and move to another state!Then the lease went to grandchildren, and they hunt the place now! I got to feeling guilty about what i did and told him, he laughed and said thank you for picking such a poor place for me to deer hunt.

Page generated in 0.03393 seconds with 8 queries