View Single Post
Old April 9, 2009, 11:00 AM   #54
gb_in_ga

Quote:
So while we are all running around with our deer rifles, dressed like ninjas what is the rest of the world going to do while the most powerful country in the world self destructs? I will tell you they will dismantle it. Then you would have a 3 or 4 way gun fight going on and that = Anarchy. If we were lucky I could see the US looking like Somalia. That is not a very pleasant picture in my mind.
Nor in mine, and yes I realize that. The thing you don't get is that the picture in my mind of what happens if we DON'T do that at the appropriate time is just as bad if not worse.

I'd rather have war and anarchy in the pursuit of or the resurrection of freedom with the hope that something good may come of it in the end, than the certainty of living in chains and/or dieing quietly in the gulag/death camps.

Deer rifles? Yep, at first. That doesn't mean that I'd be fighting with such long term -- just long enough to obtain something more appropriate. Remember the rationale behind the FP-45 Liberator. The purpose wasn't to fight the war using a crappy pistol like that, the point was that it was good enough to shoot an enemy soldier and take his weapon. Historically, the peasants may have started their uprising with pitchforks but they picked up pikes and muskets as they went along.

Last edited by gb_in_ga; April 9, 2009 at 11:05 AM.

Page generated in 0.02245 seconds with 8 queries