View Single Post
Old July 12, 2000, 10:35 PM   #13
Kenneth L. Walters

I use to collect reloading presses, particularly the complicated ones. At the height of it I suppose that I had about three dozen different progressives, maybe eight different Potters, 12 or so Hollywood turrets, about a dozen old Jordans and got only knows what else. When someone made me an offer that I could not refuse I sold.

I wanted to keep reloading but I also didn't want all the complexity any more. After looking at all the presses I had been using I decided that the most idiot proof was a turret. Lyman was the best at the time and their tools heads are easily removed and replaced. I've been using my Lyman ever since. To date I've got about 50 tool heads for it full of dies loktited in place. If speed isn't important but versatility and ease of use is, this is a good path.

The Lyman tool heads use to be a lot less expensive. Then too as I writer I get 50% off.

RCBS has a new turret out. I've ordered one and three spare heads. Its apparent appeal over the Lyman is just the lower cost of the extra tool heads. I would expect this RCBS to be excellent.

I know that the Lyman turret is.

Hope this helps.

Page generated in 0.03814 seconds with 8 queries