View Single Post
Old July 2, 2013, 09:22 AM   #1
southjk

Forgot safe combination under stress

I have a single pistol safe with a Simplex lock that I keep in a dresser drawer in my bedroom and have had it about 6 months. The combination is pretty simple and you press two buttons at the same time then one other after. Never had a problem opening it.

This morning on the way to work my wife calls me and whispers in the phone that something is upstairs and to get home fast. She is usually not one to panic so I hightailed it back and got there in about 5 minutes. Now, whether she should have called 911 or not is another discussion but the problem I had was when I came in the house and went to get my gun I couldn't get the safe open. I tried probably three times and it wouldn't open. I then tried another combination of the first two buttons and bingo, it opened. So, it was simple user error forgetting the combination under stress.

Do I need to change the combination to something easier or maybe just practice opening it until I've got it down?

The noise turned out to be some kind of animal on the roof we suspect. I checked out the upstairs and when I was in the attic I heard the thud she heard and it was definitely on the roof. She said it sounded like someone walking around the upstairs and really freaked her out.

Page generated in 0.02648 seconds with 8 queries