View Single Post
Old August 9, 2010, 06:58 PM   #1
HKFan9

New to NFA game, process on converting AR-15 to a SBR.

I have been in love with firearms since I can remember. I own quite a few, some hunting, some protection, some just plain fun. I sell firearms at a local retailer for a second job. I just recently purchased a Stag Arms A3 AR-15 with a 16 inch carbine barrel.

I was interested in doing a SBR upper for it. Mainly my idea was to buy a AR-15 complete pistol upper for it. I know there is ATF paperwork to go along with it. I also know a class 3 store front in my area already but figured I would ask on here first.

I want to be able to switch between my regular 16'' upper, along with the SBR upper.

I just wanted someone on here to walk me through the steps of doing this legally... I know I can simply go into work and order a AR-15 pistol upper... but legally I could not install it on my rifle lower... but I also wasn't sure if procession of the pistol upper while I am waiting on the ATF paperwork is illegal, because of that whole "intent to build" thing.

If someone can please explain simply the steps that need to be taken... even if you just want to do a simple ordered list. This is my first time dealing with an NFA item, eventually I want to purchase a suppressor as well, but first I would like a SBR.

Also I live in PA where it is all good and legal. Thanks

Page generated in 0.02208 seconds with 8 queries