View Single Post
Old December 12, 2009, 05:52 PM   #9
Old Grump
Member in memoriam

Dinosaur opinion here. I was taught and teach one handed unsupported first. Then left handed unsupported, then I go into various two handed stances with and without barricades, with and without cover, with and without support for their shooting hand or gun. But first with one arm and on your hind legs. I want the gun to be such a natural part of you that you can shoot it twisted at an odd angle and bent over or standing on one foot or your legs crossed. Never had one of my cops fail qualification, never had a cop do bad at their qualification yet.

I do not teach point shooting, if the gun has a front sight I am going to use it. My philosophy is its not the quickest shot but the first accurate shot that wins. I get lots of arguments over that, usually from younger fellows. If a competitive shooter who clears bowling pins off a table with a 45 under 2.5 seconds tell me he never uses his sights I will rethink my position............ anybody out there?

As the article said the shootings were all different and worked out for the deliberate shooter. I don't care what stance they used.
Good intentions will always be pleaded for any assumption of power. The Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern will, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters.
--Daniel Webster--

Page generated in 0.03439 seconds with 8 queries