View Single Post
Old January 12, 2005, 03:12 PM   #5
Dfariswheel

I did some research this morning.
Unless something has changed within the last few years, the Ithaca "ferrule" is NOT removable.

It's made in one piece with the trigger guard forging, and so is not removable at all.

The older Ithaca Model 37 had a longer stock mounting stud.
In the early 1970's Ithaca got a look at the Model 37's that the Navy Weapons Lab in China Lake had modified for the Navy SEAL's use in Vietnam.

The first higher capacity magazine, pistol grip-only M37 ever built was was for SEAL Chief James Watson.

Ithaca immediately recognized that the longer magazine and either folding or pistol grip-only guns would be sale-able to the police, so they modified their guns to make this possible.

One change was to shorten the stock mounting tube to allow fitting pistol grip-only stocks.
Ithaca had a brand name for a pistol grip-only gun with the barrel cut just in front of the magazine tube, but I can't now remember what it was.

The factory pistol grip had a odd-looking projection on the top to fit the shorter stock mounting tube, as I recall.

Unfortunately for you, the bottom line is, the tube is not removable, and any stock will have to accommodate the tube length.

Page generated in 0.02276 seconds with 8 queries