View Single Post
Old November 11, 2018, 10:18 PM   #64
Rachen

Did some more reading earlier. Not gonna judge Askins if he did wrong hes going to find his reckoning with the man upstairs. But hammer thing remind me of discussion at work I had long time ago started as a joke but with me holding a hammer by the head with the handle pointing downward and saying this is the only way a hammer can be carried and transported in a non aggressive manner.

No matter in peacetime or combat if someone is holding a hammer in a posture of striking and he is not working on something or have no other reason to be holding it that way I am gonna be watching someone like that really closely. Especially when already doing something illegal or suspicious. Now swing it at someone, or advance on someone with that thing in a swinging posture especially after being verbally confronted might just make em candidate for being ventilated. Stupid games win stupid prizes and that prize is a personally signed Darwin award. Plenty of folk have been killed by hammers, screwdrivers, hatchets and such and any officer of the law would attest to them being deadly weapons or at least potentially deadly weapons. Why a POW had a hammer is now my main question. I am sure if someone at Gitmo was found with a hammer anywhere besides a heavily guarded shop class he is going to be smacked on the noggin none too gently with the butt of a M4 and dragged off to interrogation about why and where he got the hammer.

As for the German caught smashing up trucks with the hammer lets say Askins was telling the truth and he was probably alone dealing with a group of highly excitable and dangerous inmates. What is he gonna do to get them to stop, say "ah excuse me chaps, I think you should lay off on that, eh?" Hammer can be thrown too. I saw results of beer bottle being thrown at someone in a bar fight once. Guy's head was busted up real bad and he was down out cold when ambulance got to the scene. Thing was he tried to break up fight and they turned on him. Not gonna condone killing of POWs but inmates about to take over the asylum at least there is a potential? Gotta put a foot down and restore order. Im going to contribute more to this discussion but Beer O Clock is now well past and I am wondering for the past minutes why my monitor is rotating and then turning my head sideways to try and follow it. Gonna put some cold water on my face and try to get some sleep before I think I can sing better than Gene Autry.

Page generated in 0.03734 seconds with 8 queries